Add a lighted deer in memory or in honor of someone dear to you.
The “Field of Deer” display, part of the annual Celebration of Holiday Lights, is FREE and open to anyone in the Staunton, Waynesboro, or Augusta County community who would like to place a lighted deer in honor of a loved one, a military veteran, a friend, or "just because.” The celebration begins November 22, 2021 (the Monday before Thanksgiving) and continues through December 31, 2021.
This year’s Field of Deer is once again sponsored by our local Staunton Boy Scout troops and Cub Scout Packs. They look forward to serving you in the coming weeks as this event draws near.
Given the COVID-19 situation this year, we are requiring both our volunteers and participants to wear masks while engaged with the Field of Deer displays. Protecting each other is our primary responsibility for this event, and it helps us fulfill the Boy Scout slogan: Do a Good Turn Daily. Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this requirement.
· Although there is no fee to display a deer, if you wish to purchase a magnetic gold plaque to be displayed on the "Tribute Board" (located in front of the Field of Deer), there is a one-time charge of $10 for each honoree-plaque. Bring cash or check (made out to COHL) with your lighted deer and a completed application (see next page) to the Gypsy Hill Pool Area during one of the drop-off times listed below. Only one name per plaque, please. All plaques purchased in previous years will be displayed; no new application is required for this service.
· Deer must be assembled and pre-lit with white lights, and include an accompanying 25’ to 50' outdoor extension cord. If your deer is animated and requires multiple outlets, please make sure you bring an outdoor cord with multiple outputs or provide an adaptor with your cord. Sturdy stakes to secure your deer are also needed, as winter winds sure do have their way with them!
· The Deer and the electrical cord will be marked with your name at the time of setting it up. There will be a place for you to verify your deer is lighting properly.
· Space for deer is allocated on a first-come basis, and each will be placed in the Field at the aesthetic discretion of our COHL volunteers. (Please understand that not all can be up front – plus, that just looks bad!)
· Deer and applications will be accepted at the Gypsy Hill Park Pool Area during one of the dates and within the times listed below. Please plan and make arrangements ahead of time, as there will not be make up dates even if there is inclement weather.
o Saturday, November 13 from 1pm-3pm
o Saturday, November 20 from 1pm-3pm
o Sunday, November 21 from 2pm-4pm
· Your deer must be picked up Sunday January 2, 2021 from 1- 4 pm. In the event of inclement weather, postponements and alternative times will be on the COHL website, as well as on the WHSV website. If you need additional information, please contact Scott Eaton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 2019 Celebration of Holiday Lights - All Rights Reserved.